- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 19-02047
- Date: March 26, 2019
Job Description - Sharepoint Developer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on experience supporting SharePoint in an Enterprise Environment
- Strong understanding of generally accepted system administration methodologies, tools, and techniques, and desire to instill these practices in both individual and teammates' work
- Understanding of networking and common datacenter infrastructure
- Good written documentation skills and demonstrable experience of documenting systems and procedures
- Ability to communicate to all levels of audience and structure messages in keeping with the listeners experience, background and expectation
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and ever evolving business and technology landscape
- Ability to collaborate and work with team members in and out of the SharePoint environment spanning multiple geographic sites and various lines of technology platforms
- Ability to organize task and set priorities with minimal supervision while raising awareness to issues or conflicts before it impacts deadlines and goals
- Detail-oriented individual who can manage his/her own time
- Experience with and wiliness to follow a strict change management and incident tracking process
- Passion for providing outstanding support for inbound incident tickets, as well as foresight to keep things running smoothly by utilizing monitoring systems such as SCOM and other monitoring toolkits; must know when to work independently, and when to escalate
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with a scientific approach to problem investigation and resolution
- Thorough understanding of working principles, and experience supporting SharePoint, SharePoint, Nintex Forms/Workflows, Custom Solution deployments/support
- Ability to design and create basic sites/solutions using OTB SharePoint webparts/layouts/pages etc.
- Lead the evaluation for technical and business applications overseeing the installation and testing of application
- Disciplined in operating in a secure environment without standing admin access and the ability to develop workflow following strict security guidelines and best practices
Experience in administrating a highly available multi-platform/site SharePoint environment
- Required SharePoint knowledge:
- Preferred - Experience in Microsoft Windows technology including
- AD, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Certificate Authority, Windows Clustering, etc.
Proficient in Windows scripting including PowerShell and VB
Participate in Tier-3 monthly on-call rotation and proactively monitor e-mail communications to the SharePoint and application services distribution
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a large-scale SharePoint infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience administering enterprise applications hosted across LAN and WAN configuration.
- Experience in Financial sector preferred.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent computer related field