Senior AWS Data Architect - Remote
- Location: Irving, TX
- Job Type: Right to Hire
- Ref No: 22-06264
- Date: September 30, 2022
- Pay: $150000.0 - $180000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Senior AWS Data Architect - Remote
TITLE: Senior AWS Data ArchitectICS, a Korn Ferry company, is looking for a Senior AWS Data Architect to l
Location: Remote in the U.S.
ead data design efforts and guide other data team members to develop standards, propose/ evaluate technology and or tools, and provide governance for data integration, data modeling, storage, and data delivery/ data access for the enterprise. The Senior Data Architect will drive the development of best practices for the organization and mentor developers, analysts, and other members of the team.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with the business partners & product development teams to capture requirements & determine data-driven solutions to integrate with existing BI assets, prototypes, and systems.
- Drive key technical and design discussions with technical and non-technical audiences across the organization.
- Responsible for designing POCs, determining final designs, and working through data engineers to deploy solutions that optimize client satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain high-level enterprise data model and conceptual views of related data sub-architectures (e.g., database, data integration, data warehouse/business intelligence, reporting, metadata, and content management architectures).
- Identify and implement service standards in conjunction with stakeholder-specific requirements (e.g., transaction processing speed, data mining, and reporting capabilities, data security, scalability, etc.).
- Optimize overall data/information flow by reducing redundancy and enabling accessibility within security boundaries.
- Perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing overall ETL architecture, including ETL standards, patterns, and best practices.
- Determine organizational strategies for data integrity validation & governance practices and processes.
- Partner with the Leadership team to ensure the successful delivery of projects.
- Must drive innovations by keeping current on emerging technology and data trends and methodologies; communicate trends and opportunities to management and other stakeholders as needed.
- Play a key role in mentoring/training other team members and stakeholders.
- Identify alternative uses of technologies that enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall corporate and business needs.
- Participate in the proliferation of our Corporate Meta-data Repository and distribution.
- Communicate, manage, and mitigate risks related to business, technology, and personnel.
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- 5 years of experience in data modeling, business system designs, and data architecture.
- 3 years of experience with hands-on experience designing data platforms and/ or data pipelines leveraging cloud data technologies on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 3 years of experience and extensive knowledge and understanding of data modeling for 3NF (OLTP) and STAR (OLAP – Kimball).
- 3 years of hands-on experience in ETL/ ELT development including SSIS, and AWS Glue.
- 3 years of SQL Server (or comparable database) experience with BI/DW deployments
- Hands-on experience developing and managing Agile or SAFe/Agile practices using industry-standard tools such as Jira or similar.
- 2 years of experience in Cloud Technologies (preferably AWS S3/Redshift, Snowflake, DBT).
- Experience designing streaming scalable architectures.
- Familiarity with designing and/ or implementing Advanced Analytics/ Machine Learning models (MLOps) in an Enterprise Environment.
- Strong understanding of SQL and NoSQL technologies and distributed storage/ systems
- Strong understanding of Data Services (DaaS) techniques and architectures.
- Proven track record as Architect, leading development teams to deliver successful business intelligence solutions with complex data sources.
- Direct experience developing and managing structured test processes as well as test/dev & production technical environments (staging, test, dev, production).
- Experience with Github or similar "code management” systems and repositories.
- Strong analytical skills and enjoy solving complex technical problems.
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Must be a strong team player, team leader, and coach.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to work both autonomously and with appropriate collaboration amount other team members applying Data Management concepts to a variety of "real-life” business scenarios.
- Must be able to influence others through the articulation of ideas, concepts, benefits, etc…
- Must possess strong organizational, facilitation, and critical thinking abilities, to assess complex problems, analyze options, navigate diverse perspectives and objectives, and develop acceptable Data Management solutions.
- Ability to represent complex business problems and technical solutions.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.