Location: Boca Raton, FL
Job Title: AML Compliance Officer - Broker Dealer
AML Transaction Monitoring is necessary to identify and protect the firm from activity that may be unusual and/or indicative of potential money laundering, fraud and other types of financial crime. As part of the AML Group’s Transaction Monitoring function, the AML Transaction Monitoring Officer will be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as BAU Alert reviews, SAR drafting, enhanced due diligence, metrics reporting and related ad hoc projects. S/he will utilize internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage daily alert volumes and investigations; escalate matters to AML manager as necessary
- Conduct additional reviews on transactional history and client profile to determine the applicable course of action; request additional information when needed
- Memorialize rationale on how alerts or investigations are dispositioned; conduct follow up reviews where necessary
- Prepare narratives and supporting information needed for filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Develop a monthly metrics reporting process with AML Manager/team members to provide information on alert volumes, statuses and pending matters
- Work with AML Manager/team members in drafting enhanced desktop procedures
- Keep abreast of new rules, regulations and reputational risks to further improve our investigation processes. Able to conduct complex investigations involving matters such as multiple relationship accounts,
- Learn and develop a thorough comprehension of internal AML typologies relating to specific business lines. Utilize internal and external sources, and partner with other members within AML team to research and investigate cases.
Your Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in conducting alert reviews, investigations and handling transaction monitoring remediations
- Must have Institutional (Investment Banking) and Retail Broker Dealer experience in this function
- Good understanding of transaction monitoring scenarios logic
- Ability to conduct enhanced due diligence and screening
- Knowledge of AML, KYC, CIP, OFAC, PATRIOT Act, requirements and regulations .
- Experience in conducting comprehensive investigations and account activity analysis
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Operational knowledge of USD payment systems, including SWIFT, CHIPS, ACH, and FedFunds
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
- Experience using LexisNexis, World Check or similar tools for due diligence
- CAMS certification a plus