Chief Accounting Officer
- Location: Miami, FL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-04175
- Date: June 22, 2022
- Pay: $300000.0 - $600000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Chief Accounting Officer
TITLE: Chief Accounting Officer
Location: Miami, FL
We are looking for a Chief Accounting Officer to lead our accounting function of a fast growing, publicly traded company. This is a highly visible role in the organization and will report to the CFO and Board
- Influence procedures for the Accounting program
- Interface with C-level and Board
- Oversee the accounting function: payroll, financial reporting, G/L, A/P A/R.
- Oversee preperation the company for SEC reporting; establish & maintain financial policies, procedures and internal controls; implement & sustain SOX 404 compliance effort.
- Company-wide accounting activities and month-end closing process, in accordance with US GAAP and grant, regulatory requirements.
- Act as the subject-matter expert on technical accounting issues.
- Assistance with preparation of financial and accounting reports for management, board and investors.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of inventory and cost accounting systems and procedures.
- Accurate and timely completion of all tax and informational filings. Coordinate the preparation of corporate and state income tax returns with 3rd party tax preparers.
- Support grant application processes
- Perform special projects and analyses to assist management
Education and/or experience:
- CPA required.
- SEC reporting experience required.
- 10+ years of accounting and finance experience with at least 5 years in a public company, strong knowledge of all areas of accounting, cost management, Financial Planning & Analysis, and business decision support.
- Strong communication, collaboration, presentation, and interpersonal skills – ability to operate effectively at all levels of the organization, investors and third-party partner relationships.
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP with expertise in technical accounting.
- Proactive approach with high sense of urgency.
- Highly advanced knowledge of Excel & financial modeling preferred.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.