Chief Operations Officer
Responsibilities of the position include managing USA banking services and delivery systems; cost/benefit analysis of projects, preparation of reports for management and board meetings, and related regulatory compliance. Partners with CEO and Senior Management to develop and execute on strategic vision.
- Collaborates as a member of the leadership team on bank-wide strategic planning initiatives.
- Oversees Branch Operations, Operations Control, responsible for developing and executing strategies and goals to achieve growth, profit, operational efficiency, and customer service objectives.
- Oversees the Bank’s Information Technology and Data Analytics functions.
- Participates in appropriate committees, such as Asset/Liability Committee, IT Steering Committee, and others.
- Prepares reports and analyses, illustrating progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations.
- Analyzes competitors’ products and services and suggests changes to the Bank’s products and services when necessary.
- Assists the CEO in managing the economic and financial viability of the Bank by using management strategies, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies.
- Stays abreast of regulations and legislation, as well as other political and policy-impacting events that directly affect the financial institution.
- Communicates clearly the Bank’s vision and strategy to the Board, senior management and all employees.
- Manage all operations of the Branch by implementing Standard Procedures Manual (SPM), Local Regulations, Core Principles and all applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain high level of Customer Service Standards in the Branch.
- Ensure that check and control systems are in place.
- Approval of expenses jointly with Country Manager within delegated authority of Country Manager and approved budget.
- All matters relating to Premises and IT related equipment in coordination with IT staff.
- Supervision of Maintenance & Implementation of IT infrastructure in collaboration with IT Department.
- Deduction / recovery of service charges as per Bank’s Tariff.
- Act as Security Officer for SWIFT relationship.
- Job related to Credit Administration (already defined in CAD letter No. OBG/ADMIN/CAD FUNCTION/2014/1372 dated December 01, 2014).
- Timely and correctly sending returns / statements to Local Regulators and Head Office.
- Reviewing assigned Policies & Procedures on an ongoing basis for operational improvements and making amendments necessitated by changes in Bank’s policy, operating procedures, systems, local laws and regulatory requirements.
- Preparing/Reviewing Job Descriptions, Objectives and Performance Planning and Evaluation (PP&E) Reports for direct reports, reviewing and providing guidance to direct reports for Job Description, Objectives and PP&E exercise of departmental staff, preparing recommendations for Spot Cash Awards and promotions whenever necessary.
- Receiving OFAC updates and supervising uploading of the same in the EGIFTS system by the Network Manager. Testing the OFAC upload and confirming to Compliance Department.
- Verifying manual input of OFAC updates (release notes) in anticipation of the receipt of update OFAC file.
- Reviewing & releasing items under Funds Control Que of EGIFTS system.
- Supervising preparation and submission of MIS to Country Manager Americas on Monthly Revenues Earned by P & R.
- Supervising the upload and transmission of EIGFTS E.O.D. file to Horizon at the end of each working day.
- Coordinating/organizing the Annual Disaster Recovery Tests for the HORIZON and EGIFTS systems.
- Designated as Security Officer for the Premises and ensuring proper functioning of Security equipment.
- Timely follow up all NOSTRO accounts as well as items in suspense assets, suspense liabilities and OFAC suspense account.
- In the capacity of Chairman, Loan Review Committee (LRC), participate and guide Members for preparation of semi-annual/quarterly loan reviews.
- Coordinating, communicating and providing satisfactory responses/explanations to Regulators/Auditors, during on-site examination/Audits, or as necessary.
- Assisting Country Manager Americas with preparation and handling of special projects from time to time.
- Reporting of exceptions to Wing Head, Operations Wing, IBG related to above referred Operational areas.
*The Client reserves the right to add or change job responsibilities at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or business administration, with exposure to the technological side of business administration.
- At least 10 years’ experience in Operations and Technology related functions
- Experience in data analysis, leadership, and strategic planning.
- Experience in leveraging technology to drive operational effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Experience in managing IT vendor relationships; and project management.
- Experience working closely with business process owners on continuous process improvement and the application of technology toward this end.
Networking and IT infrastructure experience
Symphony OnCourse Learning training courses.