The Cost Accounting Manager directs activities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis, and inventory valuation. The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of the achievement of Company goals.
- Perform month end close activities related to cost accounting.
- Maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyze actual production costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Prepares estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Recommends cost efficiencies in new product layouts.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the monthly and/or quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Assist in developing and documenting policies and procedures, including system requirements and internal controls.
- Represent Finance on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Office environment with moderate noise level.
- Some travel to different plants is required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
- Ability to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for occasional plant visits i.e. safety shoes, eye protection, hand protection, hearing protection, and hard hat.
- Bending, stooping and reaching required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years cost accounting experience in manufacturing preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and high confidence in stating professional opinions.
- Extremely strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling and analytical technique. Demonstrated ability to streamline and automate complex processes.