- Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-01977
- Date: March 22, 2019
Questions about this job listing?
Contact the recruiter now.
Job Description - Credit Analyst
The primary role of a Credit Analyst within the group will be to manage and dictate the risk is willing to take to the various funds covered by the analyst, the analyst will also be responsible for:
- The Credit Analyst will be performing initial and annual credit reviews on a portfolio of hedge funds.
- Approving credit facilities, specific transactions and exceptions within delegated credit authority.
- Approving trades and communicating with the sales force on a daily basis
- Advancing and innovating risk management tactics
- Streamlining processes and changing firm-wide policies and procedures to be more reflective of current market conditions
- Negotiating the credit-related terms in ISDA, MRA, MSFTA and other capital markets documentation.
- Partnering with a specific trading desk within the firm, and educating the team on the risks associated with their given desk
The ideal candidate Credit Analyst will be an experienced, goal-oriented hedge fund credit risk manager with a proven track record of success and leadership.
- 3-5+ years of previous work experience in a related field
- Breadth of knowledge across Capital Markets trading and lending products, particularly in derivatives, structured and other complex products traded by hedge funds
- Strong grasp of current technologies including stress testing is highly beneficial
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access
- Highly effectively communication skills, used to partner with other groups and present findings and suggestions to management
- Motivated and confident to drive change
- Attention to detail; unaffected by high pressure situations
- Quantitative and intuitive skills in the risks inherent in capital markets products, transactions and positions
- Formal credit training with experience in a global institution
- Real sense for how to build/support business growth