The Financial Reporting Analyst will be an integral member of the financial reporting department. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Financial Reporting and will be responsible for assisting with the accounting close process as well as assisting with the preparation of external and internal financial statements and report.
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly accounting close process.
- Assist in the monthly/quarterly external and internal reporting processes
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process – preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD& A, and the disclosure checklist
- Subject matter expert and/or preparer of complex accounting areas, such as share-based compensation, equity accounting and earnings per share
- Prepare analysis and schedules as part of month-end close procedures for stock based compensation
- Prepare key schedules for financial reporting, both internal and external
- Participate in implementation and improvement of financial reporting systems
- Preparation of quarterly 10-Q and annual 10-K filings, including creating footnote disclosures and aggregating data.
- Working closely with all business segments, tax, treasury, FP&A, investor relations, legal, and other departments to collect footnote materials.
- Preparation of schedules to be included in the quarterly earnings release and schedules to support preparation for the earnings call.
Experience, Education, Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business with accounting concentration
- 3+ years accounting experience (public accounting or external reporting preferred)
- CPA preferred
- SEC reporting experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and consistent follow through on assigned tasks
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS and public company disclosure requirements preferred