6+ Month Contract
The primary responsibility of this position is the development and management of proposals for the Human Capital and Benefits segment. The colleague will serve as the project manager to ensure that top-quality proposals are prepared efficiently and on time, as the writer and editor responsible for developing proposal content and maintaining content quality, and as a writing and editorial resource for the company. The colleague will also assist with collecting and maintaining (best practice) proposal language and information. Secondary responsibilities include providing general assistance to the team.
The Proposal Project Manager will work with local-office teams to develop and project manage new business proposals and related materials. This includes the following tasks:
• Follow established processes, including providing standard language, maintaining proposal schedules, performing a significant portion of the writing and editing, monitoring progress and overseeing the completion of all related items
• Schedule and lead strategic proposal coordination and review discussions, working with senior consultants to determine roles, responsibilities and deadlines
• Track down and verify accuracy of information through various company resources
• Build and maintain situational awareness of proposal subject matter and developments within the businesses we support
• Contribute to the team knowledgebase
• Remain consistently aware of and use good writing techniques and grammar principles
• Maintain up-to-date records for proposal filing, tracking and reporting purposes
• Provide support to other team members on other proposals and projects
• Collaborate with design resources on graphic items, such as infographics, page layouts, tabs and covers
• Work with and provide instructions to support staff for production and shipment of proposals
• Help define and maintain best practices, seek and share reasonable process improvements, etc.
In addition, the Proposal Project Manager will be expected to write, edit and support other materials as needed and handle other duties as assigned.
• Strong attention to detail; excellent organizational and project-management skills
• Exceptional writing and editing skills; a genuine passion for the English language
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
• Ability to communicate effectively and cooperate with consultants, support staff and team members
• Excellent command of Microsoft® Word, familiarity with Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• "Can-do” attitude and flexibility; ability to respond quickly and creatively to changing requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Relevant work experience, particularly with writing or editing in a corporate environment as part of a team and/or transferable skills are desirable
• APMP accreditation or membership a plus (not required)
No related jobs at this time.