The Senior Accountant role will support the preparation of GAAP financial statements. This position will play an integral role in supporting the operations of the business; facilitate the timely completion and analysis of financial results and accounting transactions, leading an efficient close process, and understanding the internal and external requirements to ensure accurate reporting. This role will act as a representative of the Accounting department at critical cross-functional project meetings impacting accounting considerations, system functionality and decision making, while investigating issues that require originality, ingenuity, and in-depth analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage workload effectively and efficiently by prioritizing responsibilities.
- Act as a representative of the Accounting department at critical cross-functional project meetings.
- Apply analytical skills and professional judgement while analyzing and reviewing complex transactions.
- Serve as subject matter resource to the team and perform technical research as well as prepare documentation of accounting issues and proposed guidance.
- Review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications; including review procedures over journal entries prepared by less experienced associates.
- Resolve a wide range of accounting issues in innovative ways.
- Analyze financial reports and records, making both accounting and operational improvement recommendations
- Review, research, and recommend improvements to financial and operational processes, analysis, reporting, and systems ensuring adherence to GAAP.
- Respond to financial inquiries of operational management providing requested information for management of the business.
- Coordinate accounting or reporting matters with other departments or functions throughout the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or actively pursuing
- Strong knowledge of Month-end close process
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively within cross-functional teams and resolve issues.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Demonstrated success to independently resolve and/or develop recommendations for unprecedented, complex issues and problems.
- Ability to communicate issues of a complex nature in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Three (3) or more years of broad accounting experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) licensure or pursuing
- Public accounting experience or large corporate experience