We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Accountant to join a well-established multi-billion-dollar organization in Pembroke Pines, FL. This is a fantastic role for a strong performer who is looking to greatly expand their knowledge within a multi-faceted company that has exposure to GAAP accounting. This company has a proven track record for developing its people for higher roles within the department as well as other functions and across its operating entities. We seek a detail-oriented professional to assist with a wide range of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions associated with financial reporting.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries
- Prepare and/or review monthly account reconciliations
- Consolidate company operating information for internal financial reporting
- Work with internal and external auditors and provide necessary support
- Prepare analytical schedules, analyze variances, and provide support for internal requests
- Actively identify, lead, manage, and complete process improvement projects
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial statements
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting or public accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Familiarity with US GAAP accounting principles is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office products - Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting issues.
- Effective writing skills and strong attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.