Responsible for the M&A strategy, as well as assessment and execution of specific acquisition, joint venture, alliance, and divestiture opportunities on a national basis.
Potential Other Areas of Focus:
Strategic initiatives Lead important strategic initiatives mandated by the Board of Directors or the Executive Committee on behalf of the enterprise. We also partner with business leaders to support the development of business strategies. Types of initiatives we drive include market entry strategy, growth strategy, and portfolio strategy.
Strategic planning The team defines the strategic planning process for the enterprise, including long-range planning, strategic planning, and strategy reviews with the Board of Directors.
- Support business development / M&A actions including target screening/assessment, valuation, due diligence, negotiation, and acquisition integration
- Assess and profile companies to support both formulation and identification/execution of the strategic partnership, joint venture, and acquisition opportunities
- Support M&A transaction as needed including assisting with due diligence activity
- Understand, structure, and analyze complex business issues
- Prioritize analyses through hypothesis-based problem solving
- Seek second-order implications and insights beyond the obvious
- Perform rigorous and accurate analysis and modeling
- Translate analysis output into practical and implementable recommendations
- Communication development and business reporting:
- Share insights and recommendations in a structured and easily digestible manner in both written and oral format, persuading based on facts and sound logic
- Present your analysis while engaging the audience and projecting self-assurance
- Take an active role in internal and external presentations, meetings, discussions
- Build a network of internal relationships with a broad cross-section of the organization, and leverage organizational knowledge, resources, and expertise
- Manage own time and schedule with initiative and effectiveness, negotiating and prioritizing demands across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 + years of experience in Business, Economics, Strategy or Finance
- 2 + years of experience working in Investment Banking, Private Equity, a Financial Institution, or Business Development in a Corporate setting