Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-06499
- Date: November 04, 2019
Job Description - Senior Payroll Compliance Auditor
Senior Payroll Auditor NY
Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Compliance Auditor to conduct audits of contributing employers on behalf of multi-employer benefit funds. The candidate will work alongside staff, managers, and partners, and will be provided with mentorship and ongoing feedback to promote learning and growth. This position is based in the New York City office and requires local travel to all five boroughs and the surrounding suburbs.
- Interface with client and employer personnel to obtain records and information pertinent to the audit process.
- Gain an understanding of fund operations, procedures, and needs.
- Prepare audit workpapers.
- Prioritize competing work demands, and manage time appropriately.
- Maintain organized and neat work areas so that workpapers and files can be easily reviewed by others.
- Keep colleagues, managers and partners informed of progress and the need to make adjustments to scheduled work.
- Represent the Firm in a positive light by maintaining a professional demeanor, dress, and attitude at all times.
- Follow established procedures, but suggest innovative, progressive ideas where appropriate.
- 2-5 years of audit experience in a public or private accounting setting, specifically in payroll compliance auditing of employee benefit plans.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a related business field, or equivalent experience.
- Flexibility to travel to client locations, primarily in the tri-state area.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including excellent Excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to allow for smooth and successful coordination with colleagues, clients, and employers.