- Location: Aventura, FL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 19-02794
- Date: April 29, 2019
Questions about this job listing?
Contact the recruiter now.
Job Description - Staff Accountant
Job Function: The Staff Accountant will support the Chief Accounting Officer and in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Staff Accountant prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Perform monthly reconciliations, record daily cash activity, prepare, review and analyze monthly financial statements; assist in the month end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
- The Staff Accountant assist in the preparation of the Bank’s monthly reporting packages/presentations
Minimum Education and Experience Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred.
- 2 years experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The Staff Accountant must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer and software skills to effectively facilitate analysis of data and preparation of reports.
- Self-motivated and hard working. Must be able to handle multiple functions simultaneously and function in a high-pressure environment.