Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Performs internal (operational and contractual), MARS/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
- Participates in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard company assets and to comply with government regulations
- Performs additional audit assignments as requested
- Works with external auditors and insurance examiners to answer questions and provide backup
- Ability to maintain and grow relationships with internal and external customers using effective communication and interaction skills
- Ability to multi- task while independently and effectively prioritizing work using time management, initiative, project management and problem solving skills
- Attend training and development seminars to enhance job performance
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley regulation (SOX)
- Knowledge of related accounting principles and transactions based on assigned responsibilities
- Knowledge of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems
- Knowledge Risk Management
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and VISIO)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Effective leadership skills to include problem solving skills
- Business knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) candidate