- Service various client needs from tax compliance, tax consulting, tax research, tax planning, etc. (CHALLENGING WORK AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES)
- Promotion to next level, Tax Senior Manager, and higher levels is based on individual performance NOT on a limited number of openings (CULTIVATING A NON-COMPETITIVE ENVRIRONMENT - WE’RE IN IT TOGETHER!)
- Downtown Chicago or Deerfield office (YOUR CHOICE!)
- Provide consulting and planning strategies to clients.
- 100% review of tax returns for Individuals (1040), Partnerships (1065), and S and C-corps (1120) and others, as assigned.
- Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds reviewer’s and client’s expectations
- Handle routine client tax questions, research tax issues, and work with clients to collect necessary information for tax return completion and compliance.
- Assist in tax field exams and any tax notice resolutions.
- Recognize and inform senior management of opportunities to increase level and types of services to clients.
- Provide training for interns and entry level staff.
- Ensure professional development through ongoing education and obtaining additional certifications as appropriate.
- Travel to client sites as needed.
Experience and Skills:
Education, Experience, Competencies:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting or Tax
- 7+ years of public accounting experience required, specifically with partnerships and corporations (S and C-corps)
- CPA required
- Must understand tax code and technical aspects of tax compliance and preparation
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment