Application Support Analyst
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 20-02305
- Date: May 06, 2020
Job Description - Application Support Analyst
APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
6+ month contract
ICS is hiring for two Application Support Analysts! This is a contract position with the potential to extend or convert, depending upon performance.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and controls the processing of programs and peripheral equipment on mainframe and/or distributed computer systems to ensure the highest levels of service and system availability are attained.
- Establishes production runs, ensuring that appropriate job control language, run documentation and data files are available.
- Assists in job set-up. Performs problem identification, escalation and resolution.
- Communicates status of operations to allow for immediate response to service disruptions.
- Proactively monitors the RPO sponsored and supported test and production applications. Performs necessary tasks to ensure continuous processing according to published business documentation and standards
- Supports testing of upgrades or changes affecting the RPO supported environment, including interfaces and FRIT infrastructure/middleware.
- Serves as a single point of contact for multiple national IT and RPO support teams for resolution of routine issues and processing problems in an environment under severe time constraints and significant float risks. Applies a basic working knowledge of the system applications and business flows to resolve issues.
- Opens and reviews problems in the incident tracking system to ensure documentation is accurate and complete in accordance with incident management best practices.
- Assists other staff members when a higher level of expertise is required for resolving a problem. Assists and advises staff regarding approaches to resolving system performance issues and problems.
- Assists with documenting and developing operational/technical procedures.
- Supports with customer testing and disaster recovery/contingency testing
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills/Experience You'll Need:
- Associates Degree in Business or Computer Technology preferred
- 5 years technical and/or operations experience to include customer service/technical support.
- Experience with RPO sponsored and supported products or comparable experience.
- Understanding of applications and business flows
- 2+ year as of experience preferred with:
- Aqua Studio
- Secure CRT/FX, and Control-M
- BMC Remedy