Director, Financial Investigation Unit - BSA Officer
The Director of Financial Investigation Unit is responsible for the oversight and administration of the banks program of compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, regulations issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); the fraud identification, measurement, monitoring, and control program, case development and monitoring and all other related Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and regulations. This position is responsible for leading the the bank's BSA and AML team (FIU). This position serves as the company's BSA Officer.
- Directs the design and implementation of financial intelligence program commensurate with Bank's size, business model and needs, risk tolerance, and complexity within the parameters and framework of applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversees related risk assessments to comply with regulations and within bank policy. Risk assessments include BSA/AML, OFAC, and ID Theft Red Flags.
- Represents BSA, AML, OFAC and Fraud in various cross functional committees such as New Product, Change Control Board, and Compliance Committee.
- Responsible for annual budget development, documentation, reporting, and costs within budget parameters.
- Oversees responses to inquiries of regulatory agencies, the bank's internal audit department, and outside auditors/consultants.
- Oversees training programs to educate bank personnel about Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Enterprise Fraud related compliance requirements and procedures.
- Supervises and coordinates all department and subsidiary BSA/AML managers.
Education & Experience
- 10 years or more of banking experience.
- 7 years of experience in a BSA/AML, OFAC leadership role.
- Experience in a mid-size or large bank in an FIU operating model strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Criminal Justice or related field.
- Certification such as CRCM, CAMS, or CFE preferred
Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of BSA/AML banking laws, regulations, operations and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership capability