Program Governance & Controls Analyst – AML/BSA Policies and Procedures - Hybrid
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-04877
- Date: July 25, 2022
- Pay: $85000.0 - $95000.0 per Hour USD
Job Description - Program Governance & Controls Analyst – AML/BSA Policies and Procedures - Hybrid
Program Governance and Controls Analyst – AML/BSA Policies and Procedures - Hybrid
- The group is a second line function that acts as a primary subject matter expert (SME) concerning the compliance group strategic priorities, governance documentation (e.g., policies, procedures, charters), management information analytics and reporting, and regulatory and audit exam management.
- This role will assist with the execution of key strategic priorities focused on regulatory and internal audit oversight, Board and Senior Management governance and staffing and training.
- Additionally, the Senior Program Governance & Controls Analyst will work with the AFC sub-units to ensure operational processes comply with the Bank's BSA/AML and sanctions policy and program and related sub-unit procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside multiple divisions within the compliance group to review operational processes to ensure compliance with their respective procedures.
- Conduct reviews of the groups key program elements and formulate recommendations for enhancement and efficiency.
- Compile and review the group's metrics to identify key trends/risks for reporting to appropriate management level Committees.
- Assist with the periodic evaluation of the group's staffing levels, experience, and needs: annual Staffing and Skills Assessment process; annual review of AFC job descriptions; employee engagement initiatives; and AFC training program initiatives.
- Assist with the coordination of major annual projects and ad-hoc projects (including but not limited to NYSDFS Part 504 Certification, model validations and tuning optimization exercises) as directed by the Head of Program Governance and Controls.
- Receive, log, and consolidate information requests from the Bank's internal and external auditors or other consultants, and direct these requests to appropriate internal stakeholders and save documentation/responses for review by the Head of Program Governance and Controls.
- Track and monitor issues/observations/findings derived from AFC strategic priorities and coordinating with stakeholders, as necessary, for remediation documentation.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Senior Program Governance & Controls Analyst should have:
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in banking compliance, with a strong emphasis on BSA/AML regulations and requirements.
- The ability to interact with all levels of management, including the Board of Directors.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with strong focus on attention to detail.
- The ability to work effectively in a team-fostered, multi-tasking environment.