As a Legal Counsel, you will join the Firm's Legal and Compliance team and provide legal advice and assistance to all aspects of the business, with emphasis on contract negotiation. This role can be in person or hybrid but based our of NYC or Short Hills, NJ.
• Draft and negotiate global contracts and other legal documents with a particular emphasis on the Firm's Brokerage Agreements, Terms of Business, Product Agreements, software licenses and other commercial agreements.
• Use your legal knowledge to highlight red flags and find innovative solutions to contract negotiation through extensive coordination with the Firm's business leaders.
• Assist the legal function in implementing process optimizations and automation, including contributing to our legal knowledge management program.
• Support the Firm's General Counsel and Associate General Counsel in various general corporate and transactional matters, including strategic transactions and managing disputes as needed.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• J.D. and member of NY or other bar with high test scores and academic marks
• 1-3+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm or in-house legal experience at a technology, fintech or financial services company
• Ability to take ownership of projects, coordinate across teams, and drive results
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and possess sound technical skills to pick up various in-house systems
• Well organized, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, and comfortable dealing with business side clients
• Comfort working across time zones, offices and regions
|Senior Director, Cyber Security Investigations Group|
|Claims and Noticing Consultant|
|Chief Compliance Officer|