Business Compliance Controls Officer
- Location: New York, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 23-00222
- Date: January 12, 2023
- Pay: $90000.0 - $130000.0 per Year USD
- Job title:
Job Description - Business Compliance Controls Officer
Business Compliance Controls Officer
90k - 120k
Overview of Role
- The Business Control team provides a central hub for key business analysis that demonstrates governance and oversight for all business/functional areas within the firm.
- Key tasks and projects include measuring policy adherence, recommending operational efficiency protocols as well as tracking and implementing solutions.
- The role of the Business Control Officer (BCO) is to review and document all internal processes and controls to ensure adequate oversight & compliance of corporate policy within the 1st Line of Defense.
- The individual will need to adopt a structured and investigative approach to their workload and be able to present all information in a clear, comprehensive manner, both verbal and written.
- The individual will primarily work alongside the firm’s Senior Management (Business & Infrastructure Heads) to identify and document any gaps/enhancements in the current control environment.
- The BCO ensures that as risk appetite changes applicable controls and metrics within each business / function remain adequate.
- This BCO will help champion the Business Control mandate and as such is required to act as the critical partner to embed risk management practices in the 1st Line.
- This individual will assume responsibility for written communications, program management and reporting of the Business Control agenda across the region.
- A key responsibility is to work with Senior Management (Business & Infrastructure) & Risk Management – 2nd Line of Defense to ensure they are fully aware of their risks and controls and have a proactive response to governance and control.
- Implement and manage a controls management and assurance program to demonstrate oversight and management of key controls.
- Develop new & enhance existing tools to demonstrate Controls oversight within the 1st Line of Defense.
- Leverage the risk management system to enhance the 1st Line of Defense to demonstrate effectiveness of Business Control responsibilities and objectives through dashboards, reporting & key operational risk management tools.
- The key responsibility is the identification of (through testing), tracking and monitoring of actions relevant to key control gaps and remediation.
- Ownership & maintenance of a comprehensive controls library reflecting all key controls. Establish a standard process for the definition, assessment and comparison of each control across the firm.
Professional / Technical Skills
- Experience with an Inter-Broker Dealer or Investment banking would be preferable with extensive product knowledge and experience of key processes e.g., knowledge of operational trade flows
- Experience within a control discipline e.g., Accounting / Finance / Operations/ Risk / Compliance/Audit
- Excellent and proven written communication skills in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Solid familiarity with Risk Management, Operations and awareness of key Compliance concepts (Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSAs), Loss Event reporting, Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), Key Control Indicators (KCIs), Scenario Analysis and New Business governance.
- Project Management
- Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) systems
- Minimum 3.5- 5 years’ experience with Bachelor’s Degree
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.