Our client is looking for an exceptional attorney to help continue innovating on the infrastructure of the venture capital ecosystem.
This person will work closely with cross-functional teams to help develop new and innovative products for GPs, LPs, and others served by the platform. The strategy of building a scalable, innovative platform that makes spinning up and managing funds a breeze for both fund managers and investors has enabled to own the early-stage venture market
- Counsel product teams on a range of issues related to liquidity-related products, including product structuring and implementation, regulatory compliance, marketing and servicing communications, intellectual property, data security and data privacy.
- Actively collaborate with a wide variety of teams, including product, engineering, business development, compliance, and marketing, on a range of issues related to product development and commercialization.
- Help build scalable and effective processes to enable the business to self help.
- Draft, review, and update foundational documents for product and service offerings.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Deep expertise in the range of securities laws impacting venture funds and FinTech platforms more generally, including the Securities Act, Exchange Act, Investment Company Act, Investment Advisers Act, and Client Rules.
- Strong understanding of the venture capital ecosystem.
- A JD degree from an ABA accredited university and be in good standing with the applicable state(s) Bar.
- A minimum of 6 years combined relevant experience in the EC/VC or fund group a top law firm, and/or in-house legal team at a FinTech company.
- Excellent strategic thinking, solid judgment, and the willingness to work with business partners to make decisions that are grounded in a practical application of the law, the technology, and the business goals.
- Collaborative outlook and ability to work cross-functionality with different departments where everyone needs to pull for each other, challenge each other, share best practices, and take on team projects to make the entire organization better.