AUDIT PROGRAM MANAGER
Under the general direction of the Audit Committee and the Chief Risk Officer, the individual in this role uses the results of applicable risk assessments to plan, prioritize, and coordinate the audits to be performed within the Bank. This includes ensuring the scope of the audits address the key operational, IT, regulatory compliance, financial and accounting, FDICIA and fraud risks of each area to be audited. The Head of Audit is further responsible for demonstrating that the Bank's Audit Program meets regulatory requirements, is documented and reviewed periodically to demonstrate on-going effectiveness. The individual in this role is expected to ensure that the Audit Program of the Bank includes a documented methodology that describes the Bank's Audit Program and the processes to be used for audits in the Bank. The individual in this role will further assure that regulatory developments, recent accounting releases, technological advances and corporate business objectives are incorporated, as appropriate, into the administration of the Audit function. The audits may cover functional or organizational activity, with emphasis on sensitive, higher risk or complex areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Establishes policies and procedures to guide the internal audit activity. Ensures that audit policies and procedures address the requirements and expectations for an Audit Program of a federally supervised depository institution and are kept current in applicable policy manuals.
· Plans, demonstrates oversight of external auditors, and executes select audits across the bank.
· Ensures the Audit Policy and Program conform to the Bank Policies, including the Risk Management processes, and is approved by the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on at least an annual basis.
· Collaborates extensively with other business areas inside the bank and builds relationships with key stakeholders
· Develops and implements staffing strategies that help maximize utilization and minimize unassigned time
· Leads in the development of a strategic risk-based annual audit plan. Communicates the internal audit plans and resource requirements, including interim changes, to the Audit Committee for review and approval and to the Board.
· Directly and through subordinates, manages and directs an effective and timely execution of the audit plan and the FDICIA plan.
· Manages multiple audit engagements and provides supervision over all audit activities. Manages relationships with any co-sourced or outsourced audit service providers. Shares information and coordinates activities with other internal and external providers of relevant assurance and consulting services to ensure sufficient coverage and minimize duplication of efforts while managing cost.
· Establishes risk-based plans to determine the priorities of the Internal Audit Department, consistent with the organization goals.
· Identifies and assesses internal control weaknesses, audit exceptions and inefficiencies, and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Ensures that timely and accurate reports are provided to the Audit Committee summarizing audits conducted, significant findings, status of corrective actions, progress on the audit schedule and status of examinations conducted by regulators and external auditors. Reporting should also include significant risk exposures and control issues, corporate governance issues, and ensure reporting to management and the Audit Committee includes the identification of responsible issue owners and effectively tracks completion status of issues identified.
· Evaluates and recommends procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with laws, policies and procedures. Competently investigates fraud.
· Maintains the independence and freedom from interference in determining the scope of internal audits, performing work, and communicating results.
· Demonstrates high degree of professionalism in communication, attitude and teamwork with customers, peers and management
· Demonstrates high level of quality work, attendance and appearance
· Adheres to all Company Policies & Procedures and Safety Regulations
· Adheres to local, state and federal laws
· Understands and complies with all company rules and regulations
· Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
· Additional duties as assigned as it relates to the position
· This position does have supervisory responsibilities
· Bachelors degree required and/or a minimum of 5 years of Audit experience; understanding of risk management and credit risk/underwriting a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel (i.e. pivot tables), and Outlook
· Demonstrated familiarity with internal audit standards as described under Federal and State banking regulations. Working knowledge of the requirements, risks and expectations of the Federal and State banking regulations as applicable to the Bank.
· Demonstrated effective oral and written communications skills, and analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with all levels of management.
· An effective understanding of, and the ability to work effectively within an IT-oriented business environment, including a demonstrated knowledge concerning the use of PC applications.
· An effective understanding of computer assisted audit techniques.
· The ability to perform assigned duties with little supervision.
No related jobs at this time.