BSA Manager – UT or CA
Works closely with the BSA Officer or designee to ensure that all departments within the Bank are compliant with BSA Requirements. Duties include monitoring a portion of the day-to-day alerts and tasks, reporting, and control processes within the BSA department specific to managing the overall BSA program, including but not limited to, Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment, Annual Training, Metric creation and tracking, Audit & Examination tracking, Quality Control and Strategic Initiatives. This position will participate in the daily supervision of Bank procedural updates and will conduct regular certifications to document controls and reviews. The BSA Program Manager is actively engaged with other departments within the bank to assist in clarifying BSA requirements and ensuring that their procedures cover necessary BSA elements.
The BSA Program Manager is potentially responsible for assisting in the supervision of one or more employee(s) and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank's policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity guidelines. Works closely with the third-party service providers who has been engaged to help maximize the control environment as well as create a robust and risk-based AML Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the BSA Officer in the supervision of BSA Analyst(s). Responsible for assisting in the tracking of individual performance goals and results in a timely and accurate manner for reporting purposes.
- Helps in Overseeing the Bank's BSA Program. Review of any applicable logs or recordkeeping requirements as they are necessary for proper oversight and quality control initiatives.
- Responsible for the review, approval, and submission of all Policy and Procedure updates
- Oversees maintenance of the BSA Departments Risk Assessment, including OFAC, as well has creating and tracking of the departments Metrics.
- Stays abreast of regulatory changes, industry standards and best practices. Works closely with the BSA Officer to update the Bank's BSA training programs, policies, procedures, and risk assessments as necessary and appropriate.
- Serves as a point of contact for all AML Program-related matters,
- Escalate all matters mentioned above to the BSA Officer or Senior Management if the items cannot be resolved.
- Attends training and maintains a basic knowledge of procedures to ensure compliance with laws and regulations governing financial institutions, as they apply to your position and job responsibilities, with an emphasis on the BSA/AML/CIP, Consumer Privacy, Regulation CC, Information Security, Bank Protection Act, FACT-Identity Theft, Information Technology and GLBA.
- When required, the BSA Program manager will be assigned certain alerts/investigations depending on BSA Department Bandwidth.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities and may supervise BSA Analysts
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or 5 years of related banking experience and/or training or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Comprehensive knowledge of Bank products and services, including Bank Secrecy Act compliance, is required.
- Bank operational experience of no less than five years, with exposure to branch and back office operations, as well as compliance functions.
- BSA/Compliance-specific experience of no less than three years, with exposure to transactional analysis as well as general program and reporting requirements.
- Strong professional skills with emphasis on planning and organization. Strong and thorough knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. General knowledge of overall Bank products and services, particularly those offered in a commercial banking environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities to completion within strictly regulated deadlines.