Compliance Money Transmitter Licensing SME - Remote
Our client is a fintech management consulting firm that specializes in Crypto, Cannabis and Fintech payment clients. They work with licensed Money Service Business throughout North America. They work with clients that are held to a significant number of licensing, reporting and examination obligations. The primary role of the Compliance Money Transmitter Licensing SME in North America will include:
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with industry rules, regulations and trends;
- Assisting in the direction and development of multiple client’s Licensing process for all State and Federal governments;
- Facilitating information requests from state and federal governments, partners, critical suppliers and law enforcement;
- Maintaining and enhancing the client’s program for State and Federal examination preparation;
- Cross functional support for the Compliance team as needed.
- Partner with key stakeholders within the client’s business, including Finance and Legal functions, to manage and meet all regulatory deadlines in a timely manner;
- Provide input as it relates to updates required to internal policy and procedure based on changes to existing regulations;
- 3+ years industry experience in compliance, legal, or regulatory functions.
- Understanding of the state and federal licensing processes.
- Experience in working with state regulators.
- Strong knowledge of the financial service industry and regulatory environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of general Anti-Money Laundering (AML) principles including, CIP/KYC principles.
- Experience in project management.
- Strong ability to interpret laws and regulations and succinctly communicate that information to management.
- Ability to research and analyze regulatory issues and changes as they relate to operating subsidiaries and businesses.
- Highly attentive to detail
- Self-motivated, team player with entrepreneurial spirit.