Director of Consumer Compliance
The Director of Consumer Compliance is responsible for developing, implementing, enhancing, and overseeing the enterprise-wide Compliance Management System (CMS) and compliance culture at this bank. This position is responsible for leading the 2nd Line of Defense compliance team to assess and monitor compliance risk across all business lines, conducting compliance reviews, and providing regulatory guidance to business units within the Bank. This is a senior level position with a strong presence within the organization.
- Design, develop and implement a best-in-class compliance management program that supports the continued growth of the Bank, including the digital transformation.
- Responsible for integrating and aligning the enterprise compliance program with the rest of the banks operations.
- Protect the safety, soundness and compliance/reputation risks of the institution by developing, implementing and enhancing the Bank's regulatory compliance program.
- Provide pro-active and on-going compliance risk assessment, remediation, monitoring, research, interpretation, education and reporting
- Develop, implement, and manage a compliance monitoring program, ensuring there are sufficient internal controls to promote an effective control environment.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading compliance or regulatory functions in the banking/ financial services industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience dealing directly with banking regulators.
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) designation preferred.