- Location: Long Island City, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-00347
- Date: January 25, 2021
Job Description - EDD Analyst
Our client is looking for someone to conduct high risk customer enhanced due diligence reviews, to include, forensic analysis of financial transactional activity, a review of actual vs expected customer activity, comparative analysis of customer activity within inherently high risk BSA/AML customer types and make recommendations based upon findings.
- Performing enhanced due diligence (EDD) reviews of all assigned high risk customers. Use customer risk scoring models in accordance with departmental processes and procedures.
- Conducting data analysis/ mining to identify high risk customers
- Documenting EDD review findings in the appropriate databases to include all pertinent facts and i.nfo1mation, such as the preparation of narrative reports summarizing actions, findings and recommendations for next steps.
- Reviewing, resolving and/ or escalating alerts or other adverse news screening.
- Recommending clear and concise referrals to the Financial Intelligence Unit for further investigations and potential SAR filing.
- Applying independent judgment in the identification and escalation of key BSA/ AML/ OFAC risks
- Displaying a high level of professional aptitude and standards.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the VP, EDD High Risk Customer Monitoring Manager,
- BA/BS degree is required and a professional certification (i.e., CAMS certification).
- 2-4 years of experience in banking, with a strong emphasis on BSA, AML and OFAC laws and regulations.