Fraud Risk Consultant
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 21-02526
- Date: May 04, 2021
Job Description - Fraud Risk Consultant
An e-commerce company is seeking a Fraud Risk Consultant to provide needed support to current projects. The company is preparing for a new product and increased traffic, which will lead to increased fraud and activity. The ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable with autonomy, and is responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and elimination of online ecommerce fraud. They will have some experience in ecommerce payments, fraud prevention, and succeeding in a customer-driven workplace.
- Accurately detect and stop fraud
- Effectively review and investigate queued transactions and listings to identify fraudulent behaviors by interpreting complex and sensitive data while meeting all departmental SLAs.
- Utilize a wide variety of internal and external systems and tools for gathering data and documenting incidents.
- Ensure that incidents which require regulatory filings are escalated to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Contact users in an effort to verify activity and mitigate loss and provide appropriate communication to them on our policies.
- Escalate high impact investigations and issues as necessary.
- Provide courteous support for payment questions from customers via tickets and phone (up to 25% of the time) in a timely manner per internal SLA.
- Collaborate professionally with internal teams on fraud and payments matters.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year of experience at a financial or ecommerce institution investigating fraud and/or compliance preferred.
- Customer support via phone or email communication experience required.
- Ability to function in multiple queues covering a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- Ability to make discretionary, timely decisions based on research.
- Excellent communication, verbal, and writing skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced, e-commerce, or online marketplace.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed. One weekend day may be required.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies and ever-changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of common corporate systems, the internet, and various enterprise software applications.