North American BSA Officer and Compliance Manager
Purpose of the role
- The position will have oversight of the anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) systems and compliance measures of two of the firm entities: US Forex and Canadian Forex Limited
- Your responsibilities as BSA Officer for US Forex and Compliacne Officer for Canadian Forex Include:
- Drive a culture of risk and compliance across the business
- Timely capute of new regulatory updates, circulars and guidelines and disseminate them to relevant business units
- Formulate and maintain the Compliance Prigram, AML/CTF Program and perform Client/TF Risk Assessments.
- Work with the Regulatory Compliance Manager to manage and administer reviews conducted by independent state and federal auditors as well as external reviews commissioned by USForex or CanadianForex, and to coordinate and implement responses to audits.
- Responsible for compliance reporting to the United States and Canadian regulators.
- Perform compliance monitoring and work closely with the Risk and Assurance team and others to monitor the performance of the AML/CTF and other compliance Programs for USForex Ltd and Canadian Forex Ltd on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve effectiveness.
- Review new products and services in the pipeline and also proposed changes to existing products/services to ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Advise on compliance / AML matters, and as an AML subject matter expert provide direction and guidance to the business and product teams. Provide compliance support for business projects.
- Advise on appropriate measures for high risk accounts/transactions. Review and act as approver for enhanced due diligence conducted on High risk customers and review restricted business clients.
- Co-ordinate with relevant parties around the globe on multi-region AML and financial crime matters to ensure timely and effective
- Coordinate with other Compliance Managers for approvals and escalations as well as working with the CDD and Legal Departments and other internal units for escalations /approvals as required.
- Prepare compliance reporting for management.
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Over 5 years' experience in compliance in the financial services industry.
- Detailed understanding of AML/CTF requirements and risks. Experience working with relevant United States and Canadian legislation and regulatory authorities.
- Clear understanding of AML/CTF programs and controls.
- Analytical, enquiring mindset. Attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Risk focused mentality – people, company & customer.
- University degree, preferably in law, business or finance.
- ACAMS or other relevant certification a plus.
- Solid relationship management skills when interacting with multiple stakeholders globally with ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Self-disciplined with high professional standards.