VP AML Transaction Monitoring Lead – Broker/Dealer
AML Transaction Monitoring is necessary to identify and protect the firm from activity that may be unusual and/or indicative of potential money laundering, fraud and other types of financial crime. As part of the AML Group's Transaction Monitoring function, the VP AML Transaction Monitoring Lead will be responsible for overseeing a variety of tasks such as BAU Alert reviews, SAR drafting, enhanced due diligence and metrics reporting.
- Oversee daily alert volumes and investigations;
- Develop more comprehensive transaction monitoring solution for FCM and SWAP Dealer; this includes assisting with Actimize integration project
- Memorialize rationale on how alerts or investigations are dispositioned; conduct follow up reviews where necessary
- Train other analysts on Transaction Monitoring processes and enhancements
- Oversee the SAR narratives and supporting information needed for filing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Develop a monthly metrics reporting process with the AML team members to provide information on alert volumes, stats and pending matters
- Draft enhanced desktop procedures
- Keep abreast of new NFA, CFTC, FINCEN etc.. rules, regulations to further improve our surveillance processes. Able to conduct complex investigations involving matters such as related relationship accounts,
- Learn and develop a thorough comprehension of internal AML typologies relating to the FCM and SWAP dealer business lines. Utilize internal and external sources, and partner with other members within AML group(s) to research and investigate cases.
- 5-7 years experience in conducting alert reviews, investigations, and handling transaction monitoring remediations
- Management experience is required
- Must have FCM or SWAP Dealer experience in this function
- Must have experience working in a Brokerage firm
- Good understanding of transaction monitoring scenarios logic applicable to these business lines
- Ability to conduct enhanced due diligence and screening as it related to investigations
- Strong knowledge of AML, KYC, CIP, OFAC, PATRIOT Act, requirements, and regulations.
- Experience in conducting comprehensive investigations and account activity analysis
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Operational knowledge of USD payment systems, including SWIFT, CHIPS, ACH, and Fed Funds
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, including pivot tables, macros, filtering, and sorting.
- Experience using Actimize (preferred) LexisNexis, World Check, or similar tools for due diligence
- CAMS certification a plus