This position will be responsible for the design and implementation of a highly effective, risk-based compliance program.
The position is part of the Compliance Organization and will manage a small team.
· Building and implement a proactive, strategic compliance program that is risk-based, and data driven.
· Developing a strategic approach to compliance which is proactive and preventative.
· Driving enhancements to existing compliance program including governance and reporting.
· Develop change management and communication strategies to ensure a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork, and the sharing of best practices.
· Monitoring regulatory developments for alternative fund investing in the United States and Europe and providing real-time assessments of our portfolio.
· Developing and implementing compliance due diligence program to evaluate private fund trading, allocation, and fee and expense practices.
· Advising on the regulatory requirements of financial services firms in which we invest.
· Performing due diligence review of the compliance programs of asset managers on the CIO platform, including reviewing compliance manuals and testing programs.
· Monitoring and testing the trading activities of centralized derivatives trading unit and cash management unit.
· Developing integrated monitoring tools for portfolio compliance monitoring for the proprietary assets supporting insurance liabilities in general account and Guaranteed Separate Accounts.
· Assessing compliance risk and operating a compliance monitoring and testing program appropriately tailored to the risk of the business activities.
· Providing training to CIO staff.
· Monitoring actual and potential conflicts of interest.
· Drafting policies and procedures.
· Developing talent and maximizing team effectiveness.
· Driving alignment and consistencies across compliance programs and initiatives.
· Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with business and other Compliance partners as well as Legal, Risk, and Audit.
· 12+ years of relevant financial service compliance or regulatory enforcement experience.
· Technical compliance expertise with superior knowledge, skills and experience in compliance risk management
· Significant experience conducting compliance due diligence on and monitoring compliance programs of investment managers.
· Knowledge of cash market securities and alternative assets including hedge funds, private equity and real estate.
· Knowledge of derivatives regulation, including Dodd Frank Title VII and state insurance regulatory related compliance matters.
· Experience working in an asset management firm or insurance company. Knowledge of insurance general account portfolio management a plus.
· Strong knowledge of investment management and related regulations, including ability to identify requirements related to regulatory changes.
· Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. JD, MBA or advanced degree preferred
|Senior Compliance Lending Analyst|
|Director of Client Development - Financial Crimes/OFAC|
|AML QA Consultant|