Specifically, the Controller will be expected to:
• Ensure that the appropriate operational, business performance and sales/contracting measures are in place to capture and analyze financial information about the operations of the Company and generate relevant reports for all levels of Company management and investors; prepare the necessary information to clearly and effectively communicate the Company's financials, growth plans and important milestones.
• Provide the structure, processes and standards for first class financial/information systems; develop and improve scalable processes and systems that leverage technology and support growth; identify and execute upon areas for improvement that include systems automation and process enhancement.
• Ensure a pro-active, integrated, disciplined and "no surprises” approach to running the business.
• Direct budgeting, forecasting and preparation of all financial reports, required reports for internal and external use; with the Chief Operating Officer, further establish key performance metrics and reporting structure to be used throughout the organization.
• Assist in managing all key, external financial relationships, including those with accounting firms, auditors, commercial banks, investment bankers and rating agencies as well as existing and prospective clients.
• Oversee financial management functions in a fully compliant, high integrity manner; develop processes to meet statutory fiscal requirements and maintain productive working relationships with state and federal regulators.
• Analyze and manage risk; assess and negotiate contracts and leases pertinent to business operations including outsourced service providers, supply vendors, and facility and equipment lessors.
• A track record of success in an early stage, high growth company with annual revenues of $10 to $75 million that operates multiple facilities; must have executed well in a high growth, dynamic environment fueled by de novo expansion and acquisitions.
• Previous experience working for an operationally intense and multi-location service business is important.
• Experience in the healthcare services sector; third party reimbursement with understanding of the revenue cycle management process is preferred.
• Previously demonstrated ability to balance and integrate one's responsibilities within the finance function with all key activities across the Company's operations infrastructure; proven able to do so in a rapidly changing, fast paced, limited resource environment.
• Must have hands-on experience in all areas of financial and accounting operations, including financial planning and analysis, detailed reporting, treasury and banking, governance of loan covenants, systems and processes.
• Experience driving and consolidating rapid growth and change, with emphasis on working next to a founder in a privately-owned business.
• Must have strong leadership and management skills and be able to point to his/her development of strong teams and individual performers historically. Must also exhibit skills in leveraging existing team's experience and abilities.
• Must have creativity and strategic thinking skills, an intellectual curiosity, openness and transparency, and excellent communication and presentation skills.
• The successful candidate will have a well-regarded undergraduate degree; CPA are preferred.
IDEAL PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
In addition to having a proven track record of strategic and operational accomplishments from relevant markets, the successful candidate will exhibit:
• An "equity” mindset. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to pursue his/her objectives passionately with an ownership mentality and a focus on the overall success of the Company and increasing shareholder value. This individual will be able to function in a high risk/reward environment.
• Maturity and independence. Someone who speaks with authority and leads rather than follows. A professional that has strong presence and the industry stature to effectively and credibly represent the Company.
• High integrity and focus on compliance. A highly ethical and intelligent individual that is focused on building a fully compliant organization from a regulatory standpoint. A thoroughly honest and forthright individual who is up-front and direct with subordinates, peers and other executives.
• A focus on execution. A player/manager and self-starter with a bias for action. A nonpolitical team player who can quickly establish himself/herself as a trusted member of the senior management team and can be trusted to get things done. Someone who identifies closely with, and is committed to, the achievement of the Company's mission while working in concert with other groups internally and externally.
• Nimbleness in the face of ambiguity and adversity. A hands-on, entrepreneurial executive able to seize upon moving windows of opportunity in evolving market segments. Someone who is grounded/pragmatic and naturally adjusts to changing internal/external dynamics, priorities and challenges. An individual who is decisive, has an optimistic / "can-do” attitude, values people and focuses on "doing the right thing. "
|Middle Office Analyst|
|General Auditor (Contractor)|