Area Sales Manager (Southeast)
- Location: Vineland, NJ
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-01958
- Date: April 07, 2021
Job Description - Area Sales Manager (Southeast)
Area Sales Manager
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for establishing sound business relationships with leaders in client organizations by providing strategic pharmaceutical packaging alternatives and recommending viable solutions based upon the commercial needs of the customer. The Area Sales Manager develops and executes a comprehensive business plan by aligning marketing and sales initiatives with commercial priorities and ensuring the highest levels of customer service. The Area Sales Manager drives business growth and captures market share through the development, execution, and delivery of innovative pharmaceutical packaging products and services for existing and new clients.
- Develops and implements customer account business strategies to attain annual operating plan revenue targets for clients within geography.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to evaluate activity, identifies options, and develops specific market objectives and action plans that optimize business performance.
- Analyzes the assigned market to understand the local environment and uses this knowledge to identify and leverage business opportunities.
- Ascertains commercial outlook by developing prospects and evaluating their market position within the industry, researching and analyzing alternatives, and recommending solutions.
- Articulates preferred commercial solutions and discusses business concerns with senior clients, positively influencing outcomes.
- Develops and maintains client relationships by providing market information, product guidance, and customer support related to the current portfolio offering.
- Markets, sells, and services product portfolio by enhancing relationships with existing customers and establishing new relationships with future customers.
- Facilitates the utilization of internal and external resources to introduce meaningful concepts and value added solutions to customers.
- Conducts customer business reviews in order to align Company business goals with client requirements and maximize value creation proposition.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in either Business or Engineering or Life Sciences preferred.
- Notable marketing, sales, and service accomplishments in either the Life Sciences or Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Substantial experience in Sales Life Cycle Management within either the Life Sciences or Medical Devices or Pharmaceutical industries.
- Detailed knowledge of market-leading customer relationship management tools to improve sales efficiency and provide consumer insight.
- Demonstrated ability to hear the Voice of the Customer and align feedback with company initiatives and goals.
- Displayed proficiency in navigating ambiguous environments, developing existing and new markets, and achieving revenue targets.
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 60% per week.
- Ability to drive company vehicle to current and potential client locations within assigned geography.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply the Company Management System.
- Capable of autonomous work in remote business environments.