Home Care Coordinator - Brooklyn
- Location: Forest Hills, NY
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 21-00183
- Date: January 13, 2021
Job Description - Home Care Coordinator - Brooklyn
Growing Healthcare organization is looking to add to their growing team in Brooklyn.
Coordinators are responsible for maintaining patient cases in good standing through follow up as needed with all contacts involved with the patient's case. Coordinators work diligently and collaboratively with Schedulers in order to provide our patients with the best quality service.
- Must possess minimum 1-year experience in the Home Health Care industry or related fields
- Must be bilingual Spanish
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a sociable personality
- Must be capable of working well in a fast-paced and high stressed environment
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must have experience with HHAeXchange
- Ability to understand, read, speak, and write English consistent with job requirements
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
- The employee must be able to hear adequately with no more than an amplifier on the phone
- The employee must be able to interact effectively, calmly, and tactfully with other employees, clients and customers in person and on the phone including irate customers.
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks.
- The employee must have the ability to function effectively as a member of a team.
- Staffs cases as per client’s needs and orders from Contract or Referral Source for Private Pay patients
- Documents and reports changes in client’s needs to Intake Dept. to reduce client turnover
- Refers patients to Intake Dept. for transfers to MLTCs of their choice, CHHA and CDPAP programs as appropriate
- Documents and reports to DPS and contract of any change in client status (hospitalization, changes in schedule, vacation holds, aide replacements, etc.)
- Receives, writes, and processes PCA/HHA staffing requests/orders when needed
- Exhibits excellent customer service when speaking with patients/ patient’s caregivers/employees
- Documents and reports field staff’s status change to HR
- Adheres to documentation requirements in HHA Exchange and reporting procedures internally and externally to the contracts
- Adheres to general policies and procedures of the organization/department including: Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethical Conduct, Regulations and Standards
- Counsels field staff on Corporate Policies & Procedures and takes corrective actions