The HR Specialist will interact with all exempt and non-exempt staff for the Company with regard to Payroll and Human Resources related issues. This individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment. They must intuitively and instinctively handle issues and answers for the staff without jeopardizing the integrity or basic directives of the management staff; and subsequently for the corporation. The HR Specialist will assist in: recruiting, on-boarding/off-boarding, employee relations, compensation, benefits, training resources and materials, recruiting and employee services. The HR Specialist must be well-versed in labor law and employment practices.
Key responsibilities include:
· Keep the Human Resources management team, (and the officers - when pertinent) abreast of current issues, problems and concerns of the employees. May assist the Human Resources Management team in making decisions about maintaining confidentiality, determining if it should be broken if it is absolutely necessary to breach it to ensure ongoing communication between the employee(s) and the Company.
· Assists with the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
· Studies legislation and employer/employee relations reports to assess industry trends.
· Screen resumes and coordinate candidate interview schedules with hiring manager
· Work with local temp agencies in filling vacancies; run and send weekly temp timecard reports.
· Responsible for tracking the receipt of benefits, garnishments, IRS levies, and child support payments in a timely manner and save into employee file and ADP Workforce Now.
· Monitor timecards and work with department managers to update as necessary.
· Prepare new hires with on-boarding requirements and assist employees with new hire documentation.
· Process all new hire paperwork with attention to accuracy and detail.
· Prepare monthly new hire/termination reports.
· Prepare all candidate internal hire paperwork and schedule orientation and establish personnel files
· Makes sure that the workspace, computer and other equipment are ready for the new employee's start day.
· Provide expert timely, accurate and friendly assistance to employees via phone and email regarding HR, employee benefits, and payroll issues such as basic HR policy questions, general benefits questions, claim issues, new hire onboarding, payroll questions, how to navigate HRIS, etc.
· Records new or changed pay rates in payroll register or computer files.
· Reviews payroll to ensure accuracy, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
· Other HR-related duties as necessary
· Conducts duties in accordance with Company's Quality system.
· Comply with Company's C-TPAT Security Profile.
· Expected to uphold Company's Core Values.
· Bachelor's degree in HRM or related education.
· 2-4 years of HR experience.
· 2-4 years of Payroll experience.
|Data Operations Specialist|