The traffic coordinator is a critical position, the point person for making sure the work of the high-volume, quick-turnaround creative design team is organized and kept on track. The traffic coordinator is responsible for assigning jobs (in close coordination with the production/traffic specialist and the creative art director), tracking those jobs, and following up with internal clients. The traffic coordinator reports to the art director and works directly with practice group support staff, various administrative support staff, and outside vendors. The person in this position must be detail-oriented, resourceful, and have the ability to multitask and prioritize. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be comfortable dealing directly with internal clients and external vendors, as well as creative team members and management. Proficiency with corporate PC applications and workflow management software required.
- Manage and track timelines for copy development, design, and proofreading, as well as approval, production, and print processes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere
- Use internal workflow systems to communicate and coordinate between design, editorial, marketing managers, practice group support, and any/all relevant internal partners and clients.
- Interact with internal partners and clients, keeping them informed of status, budget, reviews, approval process, etc. Gather client input, compile and route to appropriate team members.
- Work with printers and other outside vendors, providing job specifications to obtain estimates as well as ensuring on-time delivery of finished materials.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of traffic management, preferably in the legal or professional services industries.
- Thorough knowledge of print production, various printing processes, and experience managing outside vendors.
- Proven project management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to attend to detail.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment; the ability to follow up and follow through.
- Ability to work effectively, efficiently, and collaboratively as part of a dispersed team, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively both orally and in writing with all levels of internal (management and support staff) and external clients.
- Ability to be a proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic, who understands the details within a larger context, and demonstrates good judgment.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (required), and experience using Marketing Resource Management software (preferred). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and an interest in communication design is a huge plus.
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple, detailed tasks.
- Must be a team player who exhibits high energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude and poise; be articulate and confident.