Our client is an award-winning independent research company and a leading provider of data and intelligence to the alternative asset industry. They are rapidly growing with an increasingly global reach with offices in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Bangalore, Guangzhou and Manila.
The research team strives to ensure that coverage of the alternative assets industry is accurate, up to date and comprehensive. The team is a division within the global research team and the role presents an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated individual with a keen interest in finance to cover North American alternative assets, with a focus on one or multiple of the following asset classes: Private Equity, Venture Capital, Real Estate, Infrastructure, Private Debt, Natural Resources and Hedge Funds.
This will be achieved primarily by contacting fund managers, building a relationship with them and gathering information on their activities in the space spanning investment preferences, funds managed, deals and performance data. Clients expect and depend on the data to be of the highest quality, something you will be expected to contribute towards. Opportunities are also available to contribute towards the production of bespoke data analysis for users and the financial press as well as reports and publications.
· Call and e-mail fund managers daily to obtain valuable, proprietary information that is used by our clients.
· Establish and maintain strong personal working relationships with key industry experts both locally and globally.
· Understand and effectively communicate the clients value propositions.
Data Collection & Process
· Locate, track and make use of a variety of online and public sources to gather relevant information on industry entities and events.
· Update our fund manager database with detailed company profiles containing key information such as investment preferences and targeted returns.
· Perform quality assurance for existing data and output from offshore teams.
Projects & Initiatives
· Produce bespoke data reports for clients and press outlets.
· Occasionally contribute to research reports, blogs and publications.
· Support team members with ad-hoc research projects.
Key Skills and Attributes:
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to effectively communicate with senior-level executives via phone and email.
· A bachelor's degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
· Relevant work experience in a research-led environment is desirable.
· Excellent research abilities; exhibiting persistence, patience and a keen eye for detail.
· A demonstrated interest in the alternative assets industry.
· Proactive approach to dealing with issues, investigating anomalies and a desire to get to the bottom of a problem.
· Strong team player with the ability and enthusiasm to work independently.
· Diligence to meet targets and quality standards.
No related jobs at this time.