Senior Lease Administrator
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-04751
- Date: November 19, 2020
Job Description - Senior Lease Administrator
Senior Lease Administrator
The Senior Lease Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day functions of lease administration, including but not limited to, working with our off-shore Lease Administration team, abstracting leases, reviewing reoccurring charges to ensure accuracy, CPI rent escalations, and tracking/monitoring critical lease dates.
- Review new leases, amendments, assignments, terminations and other lease documents – prepare and/or review accurate and detailed lease abstracts including all critical dates and financial requirements, and resolution of lease compliance issues.
- Process lease documents and circulate to accounting department for approval and posting of monthly recurring charges, CPI increases, and any miscellaneous billings/adjustments related to rent.
- Coordinate and follow up with the Asset Managers and/or Property Managers regarding the verification of building square footage, unit changes, rent commencement, move-in/out forms, holdover, major tenant information, Certificates of Insurance and other portfolio issues.
- Partner with Construction and Property Management Departments on Tenant Improvement projects to monitor work completion for critical dates and the triggering of lease commencement/rent commencement.
- Maintain the integrity of the lease abstract database and coordinate all aspects of the lease administration process, including regular review of reports to ensure accuracy of lease data.
- Manage tenant contacts to update name and/or address change requests by reviewing and interpreting lease provisions and preparing documentation, if needed.
- Prepare correspondence in conjunction with the processing of lease documents.
- Work on special projects that may arise within the Lease Administration department.
- Interact and work closely with Asset Management, Property Management, AR/Collections, Construction and Accounting.
- A minimum of 7+ years' experience in Lease Administration or related field.
- Associates, Bachelor's degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, proficient in Word and other Microsoft applications with working knowledge of Yardi or MRI database a plus.
- Must have strong ability to interpret complex commercial lease language, related real estate documentation and have general property accounting knowledge in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and results-oriented with a desire to learn and support new technologies and processes.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interface with all departments of the company in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.