Reporting to the Head of Vendor Management you will be have daily oversight of the vendor portfolio. Activities span across contract, performance, relationship, and risk management of vendors. It is an essential role managing a portfolio of suppliers of services (consulting, business process services), hardware, and software (SaaS). You will lead and help negotiate contract terms, conditions, modifications, incentives, and remedies while working with key internal stakeholders to ensure that their requirements and strategic sourcing strategies are met.
- Lead face-off to vendors on behalf of multiple business leads in strategic global contracts on strategic solutions
- Assist business with procurement with independent vendor evaluation and selection criteria, procedures, and best-practice approach.
- Focus vendor performance metrics on technical, process, and business outcomes, such as innovation, competitive advantage, and increased revenue. Inform business operations/contract owners about with market insight on sourcing methods, products, and potential vendors, and while conducting vendor analysis.
- Contract negotiations on strategic contracts, including review of contract terms, conditions, and other commitments.
- Manage strategic vendor relationships, translate contract and commercial terms and conditions, and product or service performance. Identify and execute value opportunities with key vendors.
- Vendor risk management and governance: Classify, rationalize, and optimize the vendor portfolio, and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors upon vendor onboarding and ongoing monitoring
- Create contract, performance, relationship, and risk management procedures.
- Educate and application of vendor risk management policies and vendor-facing policies, standards, processes, and consult on working with vendors.
- Analyze vendor spending by category, business area, customer, and vendor.
- Participate in and manage periodic business reviews meetings between the vendor and our clients.
- Manage, consult, and direct vendor management team (such as performance, contract and risk, and relationship managers, IT procurement).
- Analyze problem areas and help resolve vendor issues and disputes. Manage the communications process with vendors.
- Maintain/enhance tools for use in vendor management, including vendor tracking, analytics, and performance management tools (scorecards and dashboards).
- Foster analytics-driven decisions based on vendor data, driving reporting and transparency to key internal stakeholders.
- Participate in vendor tool enhancements and vendor software changes to ensure vendor relationships are maintained in a central vendor repository and other innovative workflow improvements.
- Develop a knowledge base of negotiation strategies, best practices, and negotiation personnel and teams. Make improvements to processes, procedures, workflow, and organizational structures for contract management.
- Five years’ experience of negotiation and managing contract life cycles, with an emphasis on technology or IT software and service agreements, financial exposure.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or an equivalent level of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of project management, with the ability to handle several vendors and multiple contracts as well as a wide range of tasks.
- Excellent contract management skills, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to meet contract deadlines.
- Work both independently, and in a collaborative environment across a global organization.
- Knowledge of contracting trends, licensing models, and traditional and the latest contract and vendor performance models. Able to structure and evaluate bids against a broad set of criteria and provide recommendations.
- Experience with workflow improvements through technology and tools in managing the contract life cycle.
***Some travel may be required to meet with vendors, suppliers, service providers, or offsite contractors.