Who We Need:
We are currently looking for an energetic, hardworking, and knowledgeable team member for the position of Financial Analyst. Within this role, you will be an integral part of the financial planning team in providing financial analysis and performing monthly financial forecasting & planning activities. You will work with your team in a very dynamic environment to conduct detailed financial analysis and produce accurate and meaningful reports. Currently Cardinal Financial is pursuing aggressive growth in the Retail Division. This role will be instrumental in supporting the financial analysis related to growth initiatives and will have a high degree of interaction with Executive Management.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in Company forecasting and maintenance of the financial model
- Update financial models to ensure accuracy
- Create Management reporting for daily and monthly key performance indicators
- Prepare monthly financial and operational forecasts including variance analyses
- Interpret financial performance results and translate them into operational improvements.
- Proactively identify and take a leadership role in driving productivity and profit improvement opportunities for the company.
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- While this position does not have specific general ledger responsibilities, it does have a responsibility to monitor financial results and estimates during closing and identify issues and to assist corporate accounting team resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Need:
- BS/BA in Accounting or Finance required with an MBA or CPA preferred
- 2-5 years experience with financial planning and forecasting required
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required - a short assessment will be given in the interview process
- Experience with complex financial models
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate the results and implications of the analytic efforts
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thoroughly question the information provided by others in a non-adversarial manner.
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis