Business Systems Consultant
- Location: North Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-06199
- Date: September 28, 2022
- Pay: $150000.0 - $160000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Business Systems Consultant
TITLE: Business Systems Consultant
Location: Lake County
Proactively seeks out strategic business opportunities with divisional executives. Analyzes business processes; documents requirements; identifies solutions; assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components. Drives innovation and change while leading and collaborating with stakeholders in Demand and supply planning process areas. Develops strong business relationships and demonstrates business process knowledge expertise in the respective supply chain systems.
- Works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and business drivers and business strategy across multiple business units; identifies and communicates resulting needs and opportunities for business process improvement that can be enabled via technology.
- Investigates and understands capabilities of existing systems and technologies already in use across the business area and similar and interconnected business areas in Client and investigates available technologies applied to this business area in industry; identifies information required to support the business strategy and leads the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Detailed investigation of current system customizations through the lens of optimization and standardization. Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices in pharma industry.
- Participate in Agile meetings like Daily Standup, backlog grooming, sprint planning etc. Coordinate with Agile Product Owner to understand the upcoming priorities and provide the estimate and technical support.
- Develops strong business relationships and demonstrates business process knowledge expertise in the area of end-to-end Supply Chain Planning business processes for statistical forecasting, consensus demand planning, distribution requirements planning, deployment, master production scheduling, and inventory planning using Blue Yonder (JDA) and data integration with SAP ECC and HANA Systems.
- Develops, leads, or reviews the creation of information systems strategy to support the strategic requirements of Demand and supply planning process areas. Driver of system upgrades and support, leading Root Cause investigations and process improvements.
- Makes recommendations to process stakeholders regarding the correct approach to achieve process improvement objectives. Responsible for architecture deliverables such as Integration Architecture Models, process and data flow diagrams and work with technical teams to break down functional specifications to technical design specifications for new solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform functional clients of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
Bachelor’s Degree with 7 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; PhD with 2 years’ experience
Minimum 7+ years supply chain Planning related work experience
4-6 years in Blue Yonder Tools including Demand, Supply and S&OP
Led full life cycle implementations of BY software packages. Capable of strategically predicting and planning long-range IT needs related to assigned business functions
Able to lead the architecture design of the technology within assigned business function; understands how it connects to the rest of Supply Chain BTS technologies
Experienced at writing detailed functional and technical specifications, test plans, etc.
Experience working in an Agile team (Scrum)
Experience with Multi-enterprise Supply Chain Business networks is a plus
Strong drive for results and exercises latitude in the approach to pproblem-solving
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.