Business Analyst IT
- Location: Long Island City
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-06200
- Date: September 28, 2022
- Pay: $37.0 - $55.0 per Hour USD
Job Description - Business Analyst IT
TITLE: Business Analyst IT Loyalty Program
Location: Long Island City
The Business Analyst, IT Digital and Customer Products as well as Loyalty and rewards. The Business Analyst provides direct support to Self Service Products team initiatives. With the guidance of a Project Manager the Business Analyst actively supports all aspects of the projects from start to finish with a particular emphasis on requirements development and participation project quality activities. The Business Analyst may occasionally serve as the project lead on smaller, well-defined projects or provide support to IT Managers in project initiation activities.
position intro / selling statement.
What You’ll Do:
- Actively support a manageable portfolio of projects from start to finish in accordance with the firms IT policies and processes, produce clear, detailed project scoping and design documentation to be used by technical specialists to build appropriate solutions
- Elicit and develop clear, traceable requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Collaborate with developers, architects, subject matter experts, and other IT team members to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Assist in the development of business cases, considering financial, resource, and technological constraints; develops cost estimates with consideration to business impacts and risks
- Ensure that approved requirements are developed in sufficient scope and detail to result in the delivery of a solution that meets customer needs as they perceive them.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts: Functional Requirements; Technical Requirements, include architecture, interfaces, security and business continuity
Skills / Experience You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Three (3) years’ experience supporting projects with business user and IT components
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including the ability to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.)
- Ability to review, consolidate, communicate and reverse-engineer complex technical and systems documentation
- Working knowledge of risk management and quality assurance standards and methodologies
- Experience in statistical and other quantitative and qualitative analytical methodologies
- Experience in the commercial aviation industries with exposure to supporting IT systems and technologies
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated analytical and basic project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated facilitation skills including the ability to motivate and influence others, and able to foster and contribute to a positive, upbeat team environment
- Strong customer service ethic and an understanding of how IT is ultimately delivers to the Customer
- High tolerance for working in a dynamic and shifting environment and able to readily embrace and participate in change initiatives
- Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts including Microsoft technologies
- Ability to work well with others and complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.