Software Developer III
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-06226
- Date: September 29, 2022
- Pay: $0.0 - $99.57 per Hour USD
Job Description - Software Developer III
Software Developer III
12+ Month Contract
Come join the Identity Platform Team as a Senior Software Engineer. You'll be part of a team developing highly available, scalable, and secure authentication services using the latest technologies including cloud ready architecture, identity protocols and fraud prevention. Our UI and services are critical for and used by millions of customers using various products, including TurboTax Online, QuickBooks Online and Mint. We adopted agile processes to move fast. We consider our people as the most important asset – we take the growth of our engineers seriously.
The ideal candidate is an engineer who is familiar with each layer of enterprise software with a focus on backend services engineering. The engineer should have genuine interest in all thing's software and a deep understanding of software engineering principles and patterns. The engineer will be directly responsible for design, development, testing, maintenance, and documentation of high-quality software components.
- Apply Domain Driven Design principles to architect backend services, which aligns well with the product and ecosystem.
- Develop well-architected web services, applications, prototypes, or proofs of concepts with 70% to 85% hands on coding.
- Lead effort to automate and stream line the CICD process and keep evolving and improve capabilities around quality and operation excellence.
- Hands-on with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of incidents in both PROD and pre-PROD.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams including: product management, QA/QE, various product lines, and/or business units to drive forward results
- Leading the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Acting as the technical subject matter expert: Mentoring fellow engineers, demonstrating technical expertise, and leading a small team solving challenging programming and design problems.
- 6+ years of experience designing and developing world class, consumer-facing web services and web applications.
- 1+ years of experience with REST or GraphQL and expertise with Spring or related frameworks for creating web services.
- 1+ years of experience with running enterprise scaled services running on distributed cloud computing environments.
- Expertise with Java/J2EE or related programming language.
- Expertise with the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Expertise in the Software design/architecture process.
- Expertise with unit testing & Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Building strong teams - set and evangelize vision, facilitative leadership, attract and retain key talent
- Experience with Agile Development, SCRUM, or Extreme Programming methodologies
- Strong educational background with BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.