Service Delivery Manager
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-06271
- Date: October 02, 2022
- Pay: $120000.0 - $140000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Service Delivery Manager
TITLE: SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
Location: Chicago, IL
Seeking an experienced Service Delivery Manager for a national insurance firm. The Service Delivery Manager will be vendor-facing and will be responsible for taking care of all services within the service management function over seeing IT processes and managing the outsourced services vendors. You will ensure effective delivery of services in order to meet or exceed business expectations for the Service Management team, while achieving appropriate balance between quality of outcomes, risks, and the life cycle cost of such services. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Monitors service execution to ensure that services are delivered within agreed upon service levels and that both users and business partners are satisfied
- Proactively monitors and measures service performance and metrics
- Serves as an initial point of escalation for significant incidents that interrupt service availability or diminish performance
- Ensures compliance of service delivery by MSP within scope of responsibility, in accordance with defined service levels, and contractual obligations
- Identifies the need, reviews, and/or approves service improvement plans to address problems or improve service
- Reviews and approves capacity planning reports
- Participates in joint planning activities and shares necessary information that enables MSP(s) / third party vendors to provide better support
- Within MSP contracted obligations, identifies possible existing services that may be leveraged for new/improved business solutions
- Negotiates service level agreements with vendors and holds them accountable for consistent delivery
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of service management processes, service level agreements and contracts, and assesses whether they are appropriate or require modification
- Monitors and reports on service levels; reviews and approves MSP delivered SLAs
- Knows how to plan, forecast, budget and track IT costs
- Aligns spending with strategic objectives and improves cost and price transparency for business partners
- Evaluates, designs and/or implements process or technology changes that enhance effectiveness and/or efficiency
- Recommends technology improvement opportunities to the leadership and architecture teams for increasing IT value while decreasing cost of delivery
- Communicates and interacts effectively at various levels of the organization including senior leadership, business stakeholders and technical subject matter experts
- Writes clearly and succinctly while tailoring the messaging based on audience
- Builds trust and respect with key stakeholders
- BS in Computer science, engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 5+ years of experience with IT service delivery management, including direct oversight of IT managed service providers
- Strong experience in vendor interaction, negotiation and management
- Manage the delivery of services against agreed upon performance metrics and oversee the execution of governance responsibilities.
- Address identified issues escalated by governance teams and refer issues to appropriate leaders for resolution.
- Support business and legal teams with contract changes, negotiations and terminations.
- Ensure vendors' contractual compliance by tracking and managing performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and other contracts terms.
- Manage vendor performance to budget.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.