Data & Analytics Manager
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-06298
- Date: October 03, 2022
- Pay: $96100.0 - $144000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Data & Analytics Manager
TITLE: Data & Analytics Manager Managerial Responsibilities
This position is responsible for setting the vision, strategy and execution of bank’s data and analytics functions to provide insights and advance the bank towards its strategic plan. Oversee the enterprise data warehouse and Business Intelligence (BI) systems; define the data architecture, set standards and implement data governance; lead the data integration, reporting and analytics development. Manage relationships between the business and technology and effectively support the needs of the business, drive change and improve business process through the use of data & analytics and automation, and promote the strategic use of information. This role will be managing the team of technical staff and contractors. Candidate must be able to plan, organize, control and direct the activities of the team in the development and delivery of team’s projects. Aid management in budgeting, forecasting, project estimates and scheduling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish bank’s data & analytics vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Participates in hiring and development and performs performance reviews of team members.
- Provide training, mentorship and ongoing support of best practices to all IT stakeholders.
- Manage outsourced vendors and service provider’s relationships and ensure SLAs are met.
- Develop, track and control the annual department operation and capital budget.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for spending and initiatives.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and trends on a regular basis. Recommend long-term technology solutions to meet the business goals and strategic success of the organization
- Evaluate current business processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and customer experience using technology solutions
- Develop data governance, policies, procedures, standards and best practices to ensure data integrity and compliance with corporate, SOX and other regulatory, audit and compliance standards & controls.
Development and Implementation Responsibilities
- Lead, analyze, architect, design and implement reporting and analytics solutions
- Prepare and conducts formal presentations of systems designs, objectives, and scope.
- Translate high-level work plans and converts to detailed assignments for team members.
- Monitor status of assignments and reviews work for completion and quality.
- Communicate project schedule variances, scope changes, risks and progress in status reports
- Ensure the technical staff and contractors deliver the projects on time and within the budget
- Perform unit, system integration and regression tests. Document test results.
Operational and Administration Responsibilities
- Follow IT development processes and policies & procedures such as change management, configuration management, security compliances
- Identify potential security risks and resolve them
- Ensure data in usage and access is protected & secured according to the corporate data policy
- Assess and make capacity & sizing decisions when creating new databases and data marts
- Ensure database & application audits are regularly performed as per company policies
- Evaluate the audit results and report to the management and appropriate personnel
- Pro-actively implement necessary steps to be compliant with audit and other regulations
- Monitor the production jobs & report schedules and make sure they are completed on-time
- Ensure the backup and recovery requirements are in consistent with corporate policy, business needs and legal requirements
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in Information Technology field.
- 15+ years of experience in leading, architecting and developing data warehouse, data integration, reporting and analytics solutions.
- Hands on experience in Database development experience using MS SQL Server, Oracle or similar RDBMS.
- Hands on experience in ETL (Extract Transformation & Load) development using tools like MS SQL Server DTS/SSIS, Snowflake, Informatica, Data Stage, Business Objects Data Integrator.
- Hands on experience in the development and implementation of reporting & analytical solutions, using one or more tools like Power BI, Tableau, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- 10+ years of business requirements gathering/analysis experience.
- Knowledge and experience in Relational and Dimensional Data Models, OLAP, Star & Snow-flake schema and experience in designing data models using Erwin, MS-VISIO.
- Experience in software development methodologies such as RUP and Agile.
- Knowledge in advanced analytics (predictive/prescriptive) tools & technologies such as SAS, R, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in cloud platforms like Azure Analytics or AWS is a plus.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner; lead a team and working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis, such as TCO models and ROI.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Must be self-motivated, team oriented and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Experience in working in banking / financial services industry is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and any other relevant industry certification is a plus.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.