- Location: Oak Brook, IL
- Job Type: Contract
- Ref No: 22-07232
- Date: November 22, 2022
- Pay: $35.0 - $45.0 per Hour USD
Job Description - Security Analyst
TITLE: SECURITY ANALYST$35/h - $45/h based on experienced
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Compensation Range :
A national logistics firm is seeking a Security analyst to join their growing local team. The Security Analyst is responsible for investigating and resolving security incidents detected by security technologies or reported by other sources. You will manage the event collection functions as well as other security technologies to maintain and improve the security posture of the organization. Excellent communication skills are required.
- Work with the Information Security Team to improve the security for the company by configuring and administering security systems and tools.
- Analyze system and application event logs to detect security vulnerabilities or malicious activity.
- Investigate security incidents independently to determine root cause and remediation tactics.
- Automate security monitoring and remediation processes.
- Administer log collection services including syslog-ng and ensuring system and application event logs are forwarded to aggregators.
- Prepare and analyze security incident and event data for monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Perform security scans of the network devices, systems, and applications.
- Design and implement security solutions for cloud and on-premise systems.
- Proactively research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits.
- Work with external resources involved in the performance of security penetration testing.
- Periodically test and evaluate Information Security controls to assure compliance with policies.
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate options in the short, medium and long term.
- Strong planning and organizing skills including the ability to manage several work streams simultaneously.
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems (or related degree), or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience working within Information Security technology
- Expertise in security log monitoring as well as incident response
- Expertise in event log management and collection. ELK experience is a plus.
- Expertise in implementing SOAR technology (Phantom, Demisto, FortiSOAR, etc.)
- Exposure to scripting in languages such (Python, Perl, Powershell, bash, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office365 Security (MCAS, Email ATP)
- Experience with malware investigations and remediation
- Knowledge of vulnerability scanners (Qualys, Tenable, Nexpose, Metasploit)
- Experience managing mobile devices using an MDM or UEM.
- Experience with Windows, MacOS, and Linux operating systems, virtualization, containers, and cloud technologies.
- Strong in Microsoft Office application such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint.
- CompTIA Security+, CCNA Security, CISSP, CEH, OSCP, and/or related certifications are a huge plus
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*W2 employees of ICS are offered comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision.