Azure Cloud Architect - Data Governance - REMOTE
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-07263
- Date: November 28, 2022
- Pay: $180000.0 - $220000.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Azure Cloud Architect - Data Governance - REMOTE
TITLE: AZURE CLOUD ARCHITECT – DATA GOVERNANCE
Compensation Range: $180k - $220k + bonus
Seeking an experienced Azure Cloud Architect with a strong background in Data Governance to join an established and growing financial institution. The Azure Cloud Architect will help manage and oversee the firm's enterprise cloud architecture for apps and data solutions including cloud apps and data platforms, data engineering, and analytics platform as a member of the IT organization. You will drive the implementation of solutions utilizing SCRUM/Agile methodology. Excellent communication skills are required as you will manage a variety of stakeholders across different groups to establish project objectives, goals, scope, timing and deliverables and ensure the timely and complete resolution of enterprise architecture issues.
- Develop and deploy strategy and solutions for data governance and life-cycle management
- Map business capabilities and desired business capabilities to technology.
- Develop best practices and guidelines around cloud development and data engineering and
- technology trends that can applied to projects from inception to delivery.
- Evaluate technologies and vendors in line with firm's enterprise architecture framework. Support
- vendor selection/evaluations.
- Guide the development and implementation of data and application standards and policies. Ensure
- consistent data and application delivery and maintenance.
- Work closely with IT and management stakeholders to define and update IT strategy in alignment
- with the firm's business strategy.
- Develop an understanding of multiple business functions, future strategic goals and business
- challenges. Collaborate with different areas of business to deliver data products that meets
- business expectations and improves the data quality overtime.
- Perform post-data project reviews to determine project successes and identify opportunities for
- Ensure all activities complies with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Drive change in terms of adoption of new data technologies and operating with an agile mindset to
- approach solution of complex business problems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related subject matter required.
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering and/or software development required.
- MUST BE HANDS-ON with the desire to rapidly build up knowledge on new tools, and possess
- Advanced knowledge of Data Governance and Meta Data Management, including experience with Microsoft Purview and/or other similar products such as Informatica EDC/Axon.
- Strong experience in Data Wrangling, Data Ingestion, Data Pipelining, Data Lakes/Warehousing,
- and Data Catalogs.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Azure cloud environment and in driving adoption of cloud in
- terms of PaaS and SaaS desirable
- (Angular, Node), Python.
- Experience in establishing methods and procedures for tracking data sources, data lineage, data
- quality, completeness, redundancy vs. replication, data dictionary, data models, metadata and
- master data
- Strong leader with Microsoft Azure cloud environment and in driving adoption of cloud in terms of
- PaaS and SaaS desirable.
- Advanced knowledge with building analytics solution utilizing modern analytics architecture
- desirable, including Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Synapse Workspaces, and Databricks.
- Strong experience with SQL, relational databases, SSIS/SSRS required.
- Experience developing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) specifications and mappings to support
- data conversion and integration
- Experience implementing data solutions following agile methodology required.
- Understanding of NoSQL desired and non-relational databased desirable.
- Experience designing and implementing software utilizing cloud cognitive services desirable.
- Ability to lead and develop resources with different areas of technology focus.
- Has proven record of accomplishment for managing both data engineering projects and day-to-day
- software production support.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple functions.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Detailed knowledge of industry trends and best practices related to software development.
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills.
- Financial services industry experience is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem resolution skills.
About Infinity Consulting Solutions
At Infinity Consulting Solutions our mission is to cultivate successful long term relationships with candidates and clients matching the right candidate with the right client. We believe technology cannot replace the real personal relationships we cultivate. We reject the notion that technology alone is the answer to staffing which is why we our successful partnerships rely on collaboration NOT automation. ICS has been providing flexible staffing solutions for over 20 years in Information Technology, Compliance, Accounting / Finance and Corporate Support. Our staffing solutions include Contract, Temp to Perm and Permanent Placement.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.