Azure Cloud Engineer
- Location: Bolingbrook, IL
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 20-04234
- Date: October 16, 2020
Job Description - Azure Cloud Engineer
Senior Cloud Engineer
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will develop and enhance the company infrastructure strategy as we journey from an On-Premise to a Hybrid Cloud environment. In partnership with other IT departments, you will focus on selling and delivering cloud solutions using Azure and as a key member of the infrastructure group, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software, and services onto public cloud. You will identify opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation and innovation. You will promote public cloud internally to IT Development and Integrations teams to drive adoption of Cloud developed APIs and services. A Cloud Engineer will also be required to provide systems administration as well so the Engineer/Architect must be willing to provide admin and escalated support.
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with implementations of Azure
- Educate business stakeholders on the value proposition of Public Cloud and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for business enablement and competitive advantage
- Act as a technical liaison between IT delivery teams, BA's, and support.
- Understanding of emerging technologies and end-user needs.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, communication, coaching, analysis, problem solving and short term and long-term planning.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- Experienced, persuasive, and effective presenter, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple initiatives and rapidly changing priorities.
- 5+ years of overall experience, to include a minimum of 2 years of enterprise, full-life cycle in Architecture in the professional IT/Software Development services industry.
- 5+ years of On-Premise Server/Storage/Network infrastructure systems (Dell/EMC/NetApp/Cisco/Fortinet)
- 5+ years of experience with virtualization hypervisors (Hyper-V / VMware)
- 3+ years project experience migrating and deploying cloud-based solutions (GCP, Azure or AWS)
- 3+ years architecting, implementing and supporting Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and topologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related equivalent field. Masters preferred.
- Azure Certified Professional and other cloud computing certifications (Cisco/MSFT/VMware/AWS)
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Python, .NET, and other cloud development languages and toolsets
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Service, Infrastructure as Code and related concepts on public cloud.
- Proven experience as a successful system engineer and/or cloud engineer highly desirable
- Container experience with Docker and Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms
- Understanding of Agile, SCRUM and Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools processes
- Experience helping development teams build and deploy micro services-based applications in public cloud