Our client is in need of a Business Analyst on a full time basis to support current and upcoming project work. Business Analysis is the application of knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to determine problems and identify business needs; to identify and recommend viable solutions for meeting those needs; to elicit, document, and manage stakeholder requirements. All of these activities are done in order to meet business and project objectives. A succesful Business Analyst takes Market Problems and through research, interviews, creativity, and analytical thinking transforms them into Solution Recommendations and Project Requirements. The Business Analyst then prioritizes and refines the requirements through the implementation process. The Business Analyst works with a variety of stakeholders to ensure that the solution is appropriate and effective. The process of business analysis begins before project initiation and extends beyond project closure to ensure that expected benefits are realized.
- Active Listening
- Ask insightful questions
- Reword and clarify statements to be understood by all
- Write clearly and concisely
- Very approachable by all team members and stakeholders
Balance a variety of competing requirements:
- Identify who needs to be involved in designing a solution and get their cooperation
- Make decisions individually or facilitate with a team (and know when to use each approach)
- Take complex problems and break them into manageable pieces of work
- Appreciate the relationships between people, processes and systems
Thoughtful and empathetic problem solvers:
- Creative, inspiring and realistic
- Care about the business, products and users - and are constantly finding the right balance that meets the needs of all three
- Negotiate and compromise but also hold the line and demand more
- Analytic and data-driven decision maker
Involved in all areas of the business:
- Naturally curious people - they dabble in market trends, technology innovations, and strategic planning
- Know the users and their needs
- Professional and constantly invest in becoming better business analysts - learn, grow and teach
- Find new ways to perform their craft more effectively
Passionate Project Managers:
- Understand how changes in a project impact other deliverables
- Able to negotiate and adjust priorities and resources to meet objectives as challenges arise
- Able to develop and refine an implementation plan
- Communicate deliverables in a date-centric way to organize the activities from a variety of departments
- Guide and direct a diverse group to solve business/market problems as a team
Experience and Skills:
- Able to define (not design) a solution to a Client business/market problem.
- Demonstrated proficiency in determining and negotiating requirements from internal and external end users.
- Familiar with web-based applications.
- Required proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- General knowledge of other related software technologies.
- 2+ years of involvement with software support or development
- 2+ years professional experience as a Business Analyst
- Agile methodology background preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- Criminal Justice experience a plus
Skills / Abilities:
As a business analyst, you can expect to spend your days exercising a variety of skills including:
- Interviewing and Active Listening
- Technical Writing
- Risk Management
- Problem Solving
- Thinking (Strategic, critical, creative, systems)
- Facilitating Brainstorming
|Embedded Systems Engineer|
|Help Desk Specialist|