- Location: Franklin, TN
- Job Type: Direct Placement
- Ref No: 22-04233
- Date: June 23, 2022
- Pay: $0.0 - $0.0 per Year USD
Job Description - Controller
ICS is hiring for a Senior Controller/ CFO for a $400M hyper growth company in the food production industry with a brand new 8300 sq ft brand new office in McEwen North / Cool Springs.
Our client is a vertically integrated global fresh and frozen seafood company that farms, harvests, processes, sells, and distributes more than 40 million pounds per year with full transparency, sustainability and never uses antibiotics, hormones, or GMOs.
Our business includes fresh, frozen, and refresh Norwegian Salmon, Norwegian Steelhead Trout, Atlantic Cod, Atlantic Haddock, Seafood product line, and private label solutions currently servicing leading retail, food service, and meal kit customers across the US and beyond.
We are searching for a highly analytical Controller to oversee our company's financial planning and accounting operations. You will help provide the foundation for an aggressive growth strategy with both acquisitive and organic growth initiatives. You will oversee the finance and accounting and functions. This is a hands-on environment where you will be involved in the details as well as at the strategic level, working closely with the CEO and senior management team, provide leadership in the development and ongoing evaluation of short- and long-term strategic financial objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain, manage, and analyze financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues, and more.
- Responsible for all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to internal control (corporate governance), audit and tax returns preparation, business investment, and banking relationship
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the company by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Supervise all audit and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the company's financial performance
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the company.
- Offer advice to the and CEO regarding spending and budget questions
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies
- Previous experience in public accounting
- A bachelor's degree in finance or accounting is required, and a master's degree in business administration (MBA) or a professional designation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA) is preferred.
- The position generally requires at least 10 years of experience in accounting or finance.
- Strong leadership, technology, analytical and communication skills are a must.